Sharp Health Plan complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Sharp Health Plan does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race,
color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Sharp Health Plan
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (such as large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, or other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Customer Care at 1-833-346-4322.
If you believe that Sharp Health Plan has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with our Civil Rights Coordinator at:
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or you can also complete the online Grievance/Appeal form on the plan’s website, calpers.sharphealthplan.com. Please call our Customer Care team
1-855-562-8853 if you need help filing a grievance. You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office for Civil
Rights Complaint Portal, available at ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/smartscreen/main.jsf, or by mail or phone at U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence
Avenue SW., Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, DC 20201, 1-800-368-1019 (TDD: 1-800-537-7697).
Complaint forms are available at www.hhs.gov/ocr/complaints/.